At the Elysium we have two methods of hair removal, threading for the face and waxing for the body, for the face we mainly use threading
Threading is an ancient, eastern hair removal technique. The process requires the use of cotton thread which is rolled and twisted along the surface of the skin, lifting hairs and precisely removing them one by one. Threading is laser accurate and the results are magnificent. Since scientific results of premature wrinkling and aging, due to waxing, have surfaced, threading has regained popularity because it compliments our healthy lifestyles by not contributing to any negative effects of the skin. Threading is highly recommended for those using prescription acne treatments such as Accutane, Renova or Retin-A, or for anyone who has had any complications with other types of hair depilation. With threading, you are not likely to have any allergic or adverse reactions due to any medication.
Basic Eyebrow shape (top and bottom of the brow) 8.50
Lip & Chin £12.50
Sides of the face from £10
Full face (includes all of the above) from £29
Before your Wax….
So you’ve booked a wax. Here’s a couple of tips to lessen the pain (and increase the longevity of the hair free feeling).
– If you’re really worried about the pain, and haven’t had waxing before then take 1 or 2 paracetamol about 30-40 minutes before your appointment. This can help reduce the surface discomfort.
– Make sure your hair is long enough to remove completely from the roots – it should be at least 0.5 centimetres. If you’ve shaved the area within the last few weeks it might take a couple of waxes to get your hair into a cycle of growth that allows the most effective wax finish.
Eyebrow shape – 10 mins £7.50
Lip – 10 mins – £7
Chin – 10 mins -£7
Lip & Chin – 10 mins – £10.50
Underarm – 15 mins – £9
Bikini – 15 mins – £10
Full leg and bikini – 45 mins – £27
Half arm wax – 10 mins – £10
Full arm wax – 20 mins – £15
Half leg – 20 mins – £14
Full leg – 30 mins – £22
Please specify these treatments when booking.
Brazilian Bikini Wax Takes it right in and under, a nice neat strip – £23
Hollywood Bikini wax The whole area is waxed, we guarantee it will be the best and most thorough wax you’ve ever had – £23
After your Wax….
You’ve just invested time, money and a little discomfort in order to be hairfree – so it makes sense to look after it. We don’t just make this stuff up for the sake of it! So, read on…
Immediately after your wax
It’s normal immediately after your wax for a little bit of redness and a prickly heat type rash to appear. This should disappear after a few hours and is normally due to a histamine reaction. Because waxing removes the hair at the root, it’s important that you keep the area clean and bacteria free. This means:
– No sunbathing for at least 12 hours (have your waxing done at least the day BEFORE you go on holiday)
– No swimming in a chlorinated pool for 24 hours
– Same for spa baths or saunas
– Avoid applying any topical lotions for at least 12 hours (fragrances and other lubricants can cause a burning sensation)
– Also avoid touching the waxed area to ensure it remains bacteria free
– Use a tea tree oil based product to apply to the area for it’s anti-bacterial qualities.
3-10 Days after waxing
As you skin closes over the follicles, the next consideration is to ensure you prevent ingrown hairs. This is when new, often softer hair can get trapped under the skin. A few simple measures can easily avoid this situation. Here’s where the “do’s” come in:
– Use a soft brush or exfoliating glove to gently buff the area every 2-3 days – this is particularly important after about day 3 through to about the 10 day mark. It doesn’t need to be hard scrubbng, just a gentle exfoliation.
The added bonus of following the after care advice (apart from your skin looking hairfree and smooth for longer), is that it really will make your next wax a whole lot quicker and less painful.
How long will your wax last?
If you’re a first-time or occasional waxer you will likely notice some new hair growth within 2-3 weeks due to the naturally staggered hair growth cycle. This part of regrowth will be sparse, about one-third of the hair normally present. Soon after the remaining hair will begin growing in.
Regular waxing will leave the area hair free for 3 – 6 weeks. Over time the density of hair in the waxed area may start to decrease as well.